Thursday, April 23, 2009

Quote of the day

"Coming up here has completely changed my life.

I grew up in north London, in Wood Green and I got into trouble. It all starts with just messing around with friends and jokes that go too far. I started running with a gang in the area. We were convicted of street robbery in Muswell Hill. There was a weapon but we didn't use it.

They were cracking down on street crime so I got sent down. I wasn't with a professional club at the time and I didn't really realise what I was risking.

There were seven of us charged and four of us were convicted. Jail was pretty rough but it taught me a lot. The most important thing I learned is that I never want to go back.
"

Nile Ranger on his, ahem, chequered past, as quoted on .com. His comments almost had me reminiscing fondly of Bobby's Borstal Boys (Bellamy, Bowyer, Dyer etc). Almost.
Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home