Thursday, April 09, 2009

Working nine to five - and the rest

It hardly counts as a revelation, but, as Wor Al told Radio Five, this management malarkey's not as easy or as cushty as it might seem from the comfort of the 'Match Of The Day' sofa...

"You get in at seven o'clock thinking you've got a few things to do and by 10 you've got a million things to do.

It's a very, very difficult job but it's one I'm really enjoying ... I've really enjoyed it. It's everything I thought it would be and probably a bit more.

There's so much organising to do, so much work to do. I'm not going to stand here and lie to you - it's challenging, it really is.
"

Just as well Shearer's never been one to shirk a fierce challenge, then, isn't it?

"Difficult? Yes. Long hours? Yes, without a doubt", he added. "But I wouldn't change anything, I'm really pleased."

You wouldn't change ANYTHING, then, Alan? Are you quite sure about that? It seems the job's keeping him so busy he hasn't had a moment to take a look at the league table...
Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home