Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Queens St James Park Ranger - for another three and a half years

A good day for 18-year-old Nile Ranger, who's been handed a three-and-a-half-year deal after catching the new gaffer's eye - and, let's face it, he knows a thing or two about being a striker.

According to Ranger, "This past year has been a dream for me and it couldn't have gone any better. I'm buzzing to sign a new contract and commit my future to the club because this is where I want to play my football." He must be just about the only one...

And, if Shearer's to be believed, he may not just be one for the future: "I said to Andy and Nile that they both have big roles to play here at this football club for the remaining games of the season. I told them to go out and show me what they had in the reserves. Both of them have done that and that’s why they were in the squad for Stoke and on the bench. If they keep on producing results then you never know – they might get starts in games." I don't know about Ranger, but after events at the Britannia, I think Andy Carroll starting ahead of Big Lad has to be a dead cert...
Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home