Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ket out of town

Hoardings at the Antonis Papadopoulos Stadium can sleep a little easier now that Temuri Ketsbaia has quit as manager of Anorthosis Famagusta. The Georgian madman secured himself a place in the record books as the first person to guide a Cypriot team into the group stages of the Champions league.

The BBC's report alerted me to the comments he made in an interview back in the autumn: "As a player I had a dream to move to big clubs and I did that - as a manager that dream is no different. If I get the chance to move to a bigger club in a bigger country then of course I would take it. It was a great opportunity for me to play for Newcastle and if the chance came up to manage them then I wouldn't say no."

Hmmm. With Wor Al adamant he's only in the hot seat until the end of this season, regardless of what happens, and JFK very unlikely to be back, could Ketsbaia be our next manager? Stranger things have happened, though that would certainly be very strange indeed...
Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home