Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quote of the day

"It wouldn't be mentioned at all now would it, Sam Allardyce for the England job? But at the time I should have got it and I really don't know why I didn't. It had to be political for me, rather than my credentials.

Maybe my external look isn't to everybody's liking and one or two people seem to dislike Sam Allardyce for whatever reason. But as a person, in terms of knowing what he is doing, where to go and how to get there, and helping players do the same, I have the credentials. It was the right time and the right job for me but not from the FA's point of view. It is a political FA board and a real shame in terms of my life. That job doesn't come around too often.
"

Despite failing miserably in the job that comes closest in terms of pressure, expectation and big egos, Fat Sam still seems to think he should have been England manager. Incredible, isn't it?
Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home