Thursday, February 14, 2013

Quote of the day

"I have always wanted to play in England. It is the league that suits me the best. When I was a kid, I was very impressed by Arsenal with all their Frenchmen: Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira. I was 10 or 11 years old. That team made me dream. They won everything. I loved Thierry Henry and above all Patrick Vieira as we played in the same position. He radiated such power. He could cross the whole pitch with the ball at his feet. In midfield, he was the boss."

So it seems as though we have something to be grateful to Arsene Wenger for after all - namely, for instigating the Premier League's first French invasion and assembling the side that inspired Moussa Sissoko to want to move across the Channel.

Labels:

Share

1 Comments:

Blogger 63soul said...

I suppose you are right about thanking wenger, but the cognitive dissonance is overwhelming---I'll need the day to work this out in my head!

5:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home