Saturday, September 25, 2010

Quote of the day

"I’ve not been the same player since my injury ... I’ve changed my position and I’m still trying to learn that and it's good for me, it's interesting."

Alan Smith admits what I think we all knew: that he's not much of a defensive midfielder. He may have got a run-out against Chelsea - and done reasonably well - but Cheik Tiote's commanding performance at Everton last weekend is likely to mean opportunities to continue on the learning curve in the first team are few and far between.

It'll be a bit harsh if Wednesday's hero Big Lad and Spidermag find themselves back on the sidelines with Smith for the visit of Stoke tomorrow, but I suspect Hughton will revert to the same XI that took to the Goodison Park pitch (minus Steve Harper, of course...). A relatively quiet treatment room, a healthy-looking bench and genuine competition for places? Not things we're very used to.
Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Fucte said...

ben arfa look quality in the first half. going to be an important figure in the team. personally one of the better signing this season.

5:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home