Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quote of the day

"But, like I say, for me football is my life, I love it. When I am on the pitch I give everything to win."

Quotes from Sideshow Bob have been released today, confirming his commitment to the cause and commenting on the recent off-field distractions in his personal life which had seen doubts emerge as to whether he would still be with us at the end of January.

With a recent letter doing the rounds in the press, in which Sideshow Bob was also reported to be expressing his sorrow at not signing for San Lorenzo, there's been a significant amount of chatter about the player's commitment to our relegation battle.

Thankfully, though, the latest quotes (which can be found in full here) go a long way to highlighting that while he may have some off-field problems, once our captain crosses the white line he's 100% committed to the job in hand.

Labels:

Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Hmm. To me the comments read a bit like they've been uttered with a gun to the head - after all, the club will have demanded he say something like this after that letter.

Perhaps I shouldn't be cynical, though, and should just be grateful we still have him for the run-in.

7:47 pm  
Blogger Paul said...

He's damned either way then, isn't he? Say nothing and the suspicion that he wants out will only grow, say something and you accuse him of having a gun to his head.

Only really possible to judge him on the pitch, I think.

2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home