Monday, April 25, 2011

Quote of the day

"I've had hundreds of letters through different avenues. That I was very thankful for - in whichever fashion you lose your job, it's always a very difficult time afterwards so I was very much appreciative of that and the support I did get. When you leave a job where you feel you've done a good job and you feel you can be proud of what you've done, you look forward to going back there at some stage.

It is such a magnificent city and club, I look forward to the day that I can go back. There are lots of different emotions that you have but the overriding one is that you have to make the most of the experiences you have had, wish them well and then you have to move on.
"

Speaking on ESPN, Chris Hughton expresses his gratitude for supporters' sympathies in the wake of his sacking. What to make of his comment about looking forward to "the day that I can go back"? Is it simply that the emotions are still too raw, or is he actually not welcome back with Jabba in charge? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it...

Whatever the reality, it's a surprise that Hughton hasn't found himself back in employment yet. No doubt it's only a matter of time, though, with a number of chairmen of sides in the Premier League and Championship likely to pull the trigger once the curtain comes down. Best of luck, Chris.

Labels:

Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he means go back in the capacity as an opposing manager/coach, not just go back for a visit.

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home