Friday, May 23, 2014

They think it's all over... it is now

This blog has been a wonderful rollercoaster ride for me. It's allowed me a creative outlet to express my opinions about my club, the club that I care about, that is and remains a part of my life.

Through all of the highs and lows, only a very few things have remained constant. 

One is my wife, whose patience has allowed me to spend more spare time than is probably healthy attached to a keyboard.

The other is Ben, who has been the driving force for this blog and who has carried it when I've been tied up with work (something which has increasingly monopolised my time of late). 

Without their support I wouldn't have been able to do this, and had so much fun along the way.  Championship trophy and Intertoto Cup aside, it would have been nice to have had a major trophy success to blog about, but hopefully in the future, under a regime that actually supports the notion of trying to win something, we'll all be able to cheer some success.

So thank you to both of them, and thank you all for reading, and haway the lads!

Paul

* * * * *

I can only echo Paul's sentiments, also thanking my own partner Jenni for her understanding. Over the years the site has not only been a medium for creatively channelling both delight and disgust at goings-on at St James' Park, but also a means by which we've made connections with other supporters (of both Newcastle and other clubs). Thanks to all those who've contributed to posts, and who have invited us to contribute to their sites in turn.

While we've maintained the site for the pure love of it, it wouldn't be fair to deny that we've also enjoyed the opportunities it's brought us - and the occasional gratifying plaudits from both readers and the mainstream press.

If it's not too presumptuous to say, don't bemoan the site's closure - with both The Mag and True Faith going digital only this summer and joining the ever-reliable .com, there's plenty of excellent independent coverage of the club online. (Of course, you should really have been reading all three already...)

We're not retiring completely - we'll be keeping our Twitter going for those occasions when we just can't help ourselves from commenting, and I'll continue to crop up from time to time with contributions on The Two Unfortunates.

But as far as this blog's concerned, that's all folks. It's been a blast.

Thanks for reading.

Ben

Labels: ,

Share

3 Comments:

Blogger the transition said...

Such a shame that you guys are ending the blog. I've been following you for so many years now. I've enjoyed reading this blog, and it has certainly helped knowing that I am not alone in feeling the frustrations and joys of being a Newcastle United fan.

Thank you once again for the wonderful years.

5:10 pm  
Anonymous Darren said...

I've also read this blog for years, so, cheers and good luck for the future.

10:28 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Cheers guys!

1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home