Monday, April 24, 2006

Quote of the day

"It’s disappointing but I’ve got no regrets, I’ve had a great career ... My dream as a kid was to play for Newcastle United and to score goals at St James’ Park. It doesn’t matter that I didn’t win a trophy because I did it my way and I lived the dream. Unless you come from the area you wouldn’t understand that mentality. Playing for the club is everything. I broke Jackie’s record and no one can take that away from me. I’ve never had any regrets. Some people think it was a fantastic way to go out anyway by scoring in our 4-1 win at Sunderland last week. I think they might be right".

The one and only Alan Shearer rewrites 'My Way': "Regrets, I've had, er, none actually".

More on Shearer's retirement later in the week.
Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home