Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mail ban

It would appear that the Sunday Heil's single-handed buggeration of England's World Cup bid has not gone unnoticed in Jabba's Palace at St James' Park, with the release of a statement from the club confirming that a pre-existing ban to all reporters for the Daily and Sunday Heil will continue to be banned from our games, training ground and press conferences.

Whilst this announcement seems to me to be about a week out of date, I can't say I'll be shedding any tears if the club's exhortations to other Premier League teams sees the paper banned from the entire Premier League.
Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Mosher said...

At least then they'll have an excuse to make shit up. Mind you, given the leanings of their editorial team I can't see them being banned from the SoS.

4:52 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Can't be long before the Guardian's Louise Taylor gets a ban?

I'm quite surprised that JFK didn't insist on the Mirror's Simon Bird being barred, together with the other hacks on the receiving end of his wrath in that first press conference...

7:55 pm  
Blogger Paul said...

I think Simon Baird may have been banned for a while.

I know Alan Oliver got banned by Keegan for a time - as a journalist you've just got to get on with it, I suppose.

9:31 am  
Blogger Lanterne Rouge said...

I don't give a fig for the World Cup bid but would love to see a nationwide boycott of the Mail by football fans, akin to the one imposed on the Sun among Liverpool supporters.

9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home